Here are 5 things that you probably haven’t done yet, that you need to do. Hurricane Sandy isn’t supposed to hit until Sunday, so you still have time.
1. Grab your phone or video camera and film what you own. This shouldn’t take more than a few minutes and will serve as proof as to what you own. Even if you don’t live in a flood plain, you may have a tree fall on your house or who knows what else.
2. Grab a note pad and pen and quickly document everything you own of significant value. Say $50 or $100 or more.
3. Look at your policy and see what your deductible is. Add anything big that you own. Call them or email them today!
4. Find your insurance company phone number and program it into your phone.
5. Have your cameras and video cameras charged and ready to go. If you do have storm damage, film it is as soon as you can, then you’ll have video record of it and can begin cleanup.
Remind yourself, that while you want to recover whatever financial losses you can … that things are just things … and that it’s people and love and family that really count!